Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Crockpot Baked Potato Soup.



Soup weather is here! I love it. Its my favorite time of the year. I also love my crockpot. If you know me you know more than likely if I am making dinner the crockpot is involved. So I am always on the lookout for good crockpot recipes to add to my book. I got this one from a friend on here on Facebook.

This is what I did it was super simple and everyone loved it. My little even asked for seconds and he's the hardest to please.

Crockpot Baked Potato Soup

Ingredients: 
1 32 oz bag of frozen hash brown (the potato squares not shredded) 
I used 2 lbs of skinned diced and frozen potatoes I had in my freezer. If using fresh potatoes freeze first. It stands up better in the crockpot 
1 32 oz box of chicken stock. 
I used some I made and froze(I always have chicken broth on hand)
1 10 oz can of cream of chicken soup
1 pkg of bacon divided
1 8 oz package of cream cheese at room temp.
Shredded cheese and chives for garnish. 

Instructions:
Spray crock with non stick spray 
Half cook and dice most of your bacon you want this soft not crunchy.   Leaving enough in the package to cook for garnish later
Pour potatoes, chicken broth, cream of chicken and bacon all in crock. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Stir and cover. Cook on low for 8 hours.
One hour before serving add in cream cheese and stir. At this point mine needed to be mashed to make it thick and creamy since I used fresh potatoes. I used an emersion blender because I am lazy and its my favorite kitchen tool so any excuse to use it I will. 
Before serving cook rest of bacon all the way through.
Top with shredded cheese, chives, and bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment