Monday, August 8, 2016

BACK TO SCHOOL IS HERE


BACK TO SCHOOL IS HERE!!!

Back to school time is possibly one of my favorite times of the year! I love school supply shopping and all of the fun things that come with a new school year. I love the anticipation of new teachers and classes. But with all the excitement I also know it is important to set myself and the kids up for success. That means having a plan in place for those hectic mornings. 

Our plan this is year is to get the kids involved more than years past. The kids will be responsible for waking themselves up with an alarm like normal. They will make their own breakfasts and pack their lunches. Also in the mornings they are responsible for feeding and walking the dogs. To make this happen smoothly we will start preparing the night before. After baths and before bed the kids will pack and make their lunches, set their backpacks up and put them by the front door, charge their chromebooks for class, and lay out their uniforms for the next morning. I will do the same for all of my school supplies and lunch/dinner. So when we all get up in the mornings most things are done and there is no running around looking for a missing paper I needed to sign or the forever missing left shoe. I also went a step further this year and pre-made and froze about 2 months worth of breakfasts for easy quick meals in the morning.(Another post on school morning breakfasts and lunches). 

Mornings are not perfect around here by any-means. But they are a lot easier when we start the night before. Let me know what your plans are to make your mornings a success this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment